Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Pinky Promise.

I'll go straight to the point. I don't like promises--promises that are shallow and empty. Why even bother to say your promise when promises are meant to be broken??

This may not apply to you at all. But for me, it does (that's why I'm writing this blog).
"Above all, my brothers, do not swear–not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. Let your “Yes” be yes, and your “No,” no, or you will be condemned." (James 5:12)

This verse is telling us that you don't have to make a promise, an oath or to swear. You just have to commit to what you have said! Do as you say. Let your yes be yes, and no be no. Easy as that! What are words for when you don't even mean it when you say it?!

And then this verse:
"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life."(Proverbs 13:12)

It's true that when you have put your hopes high and get disappointed, your heart gets sick--it sinks. But when a promise is fulfilled, it brings life and hope!

So whenever you make a promise, be sure to fulfil them. Don't get people's hope high! PROMISE WITHOUT FORGETTING.

I personally don't like promises because I'm such a gullible to the point that whatever favor you say you'll give or do for me, I certainly remembers it. I put my hopes high and totally expects about it. Always thinking that you will do as you say. Always thinking like this even when you have failed me several times already.

Then I was just reminded of Someone who gives all the promises in the world and yet not one has been forgotten. Not even one promise failed.
“Now I am about to go the way of all the earth. You know with all your heart and soul that not one of all the good promises the Lord your God gave you has failed. Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed." (Joshua 23:14)

Now where would I put all my hopes? Of course, to the hope of all hearts. Only God can make promises that won't be for nothing. All of His promises are certainly fulfilled---in His time and day. And who wouldn't want Someone like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment