Monday, May 14, 2012

More than Blessed.

It was my first time to ever be in an out reach. I was so glad and eager to finally join my friends on their second time to be there, which is in Cogeo. I heard there were lots of kids who are so eager to know about God, and so I, too, was eager to be the one sharing and teaching them about God. Besides, I get to praise dance with them. =))

I have a heart for kids. I just love them.

Right now, I'm a teacher in Victory U-belt's Kid Church. We only get to serve once a month and I get to serve every 3rd Sunday. This kids here has all the privilege to attend the service and to learn more about God. It's like it's already given to them. They don't need to make an effort. But the kids I got to see in Cogeo are not at all the same with the kids in Victory. These kids here are lucky enough to have someone teach them about God. This teacher has given all she has and all the effort just to help these kids. She has sacrificed a lot from her life just to be able to attend to the spiritual needs of these kids. God bless this woman.

Before we got to the place, a long walk would be necessary. The scourging heat of the sun makes us all a lot sweaty, sticky and uncomfortable. But when we finally got to the place, I felt the warm welcome from the kids. Something you would want to feel when you are visiting somewhere. Something that took away all our exhaustion. The long walk under the scourging heat has paid off. The smile on the kids faces tells me they are happy to see us.


Immediately, we started the material we are going to teach them. All the kids were just so enthusiastic about what today has to offer, especially because they have visitors like us. And as we are teaching them, they were all participating actively and very interactive to us-- answering our questions, listening attentively and participating in our praise dance. As we continue sharing about God, I was shocked about how well they know about Him. They would answer things you wouldn't expect from a kid. Moreover, the best thing was they were asking when are we coming back. Wow! We aren't leaving and yet they want us back already. It makes me glad to hear all those things from little kids. Gives me hope for the next generations to come.

Then I realize, I want to continue this kind of serving to God. I want to serve God's children. I want  to worship Him through this little kids. I pray that I would be able to continue this and not just a one-time thing. I want to give a portion of my time to devote to this little kids. I'd be delighted to serve them and to be able to please God. And I pray for these kids to keep their faith, never lose hope and just trust God with everything there is. I know God is good. He will finish what He has started to this kids.

Thank You so much Lord for this kind of experience. More than I have been a blessing to them, they have been such blessing to them. 
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."Matthew 19:14

Special thanks to these people for inviting me join them in this out reach :)

1 comment: