Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Family Tradition.

HAPPY 79th BIRTHDAY TO MY DEAREST NANAY!


Last sunday, we got to celebrate our Nanay's birthday. This year, we celebrated it in our house for a swimming party in the club house.

It has always been a tradition for our family to celebrate Nanay's birthday as a swimming party as it suits the summer season. Way before when I was still a kid, we used to go out-of-towns for some beaches. And those times where the days when the whole Oropeza clan is still complete. By that I mean no family has still migrated to another country.

But now, a lot of my relatives are migrating already and only a few of us are left here to stay. That means, less people to mingle around the party. I hate the fact that they have to leave. But that's one thing I can't control.

It's just sad to see that the tradition is slowly fading away. I think some of them forgets the importance of this occasion. If it weren't for the kids, maybe there wouldn't be a swimming party at all and it will be just plain lunch.

I'm not complaining though that the plain lunch would be a boring idea. But I just want this tradition to be alive, to continue on until the next generations. This is a time for our family to be together. And it is a time for us to cherish it!

I love my family and I love the realationship we have. We're a bunch of crazy people! And I love them for that.

2 comments:

  1. hey Bei! I've felt that feeling before actually even until now (that's a secret ah) hehe.. but its true that we can't control all this "leaving/migrating" fact, am sure they miss this gathering more and they can't forget this (they shouldn't forget this), this stays in the family as long as we keep it! (generations to generations) lets just keep our love burning!

    >be happy always! :)))

    ReplyDelete